Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Untitled

When we started our family blog, it was a fun place. It is where our dear friends and family, like yourselves, could come and, as Scott would say, see "whazup" with the McGhees. I crossed the line to seriousness because my brother-in-law was so in need of prayers. To be honest, I've been struggling with what to post since then. Everything seems so not important in comparison. Then I attended his funeral...

Rob passed away last Tuesday, March 11. His funeral was this past Saturday. It was perhaps, the most uplifting funeral I have ever attended. My sister spoke about how six years ago, Rob, her husband, was faced with his first diagnosis of cancer. She told of how it came to be a turning point in his life and he came to know the Lord. It was an incredible testimony and I was so proud of her for being able to share it with so many people. Then they had an open mic for people just to come and share about Rob. I was reminded of what a great person Rob was. He truly had a life that was well lived. Scott and I were both challenged to be more involved with our friends, and to enjoy life more.

One of the pastors shared that Rob told her there were two differences in dying knowing God as opposed to without Him. One, was that he was not afraid - he had total peace. The other, as she said, was as profound as the first. That if just one person came to know the Lord through his death, that it would be worth it. Incredible.

No one has to post an "I'm sorry". You are all so sweet and I know that you are indeed sorry for our loss. I will leave you with a picture of Ellie having fun with her Uncle Rob. Before the weekend is over I will try to post an update on "whazup" with the McGhees!

4 comments:

Cyndi Lou said...

Dear Angie,

Thank you for being so open and vulnerable with us. I am struggling not to type the proverbial 'I'm so sorry', but from what you shared in your post, Rob wouldn't even want us to type that! It is awesome that his life was such a testimony to the glory of our God!

We will be praying for your entire family during this time!

Much Love,

Cyndi

Maddie said...

He sounds like an amazing man. What a legacy to leave his children!

Bridenstine4 said...

I know what you mean by not quite knowing how to ever look at life's day to day things in the same way. Everything is so profound after such a loss. He sure did sound like a legacy of a guy. We'll continue praying for you all.

chelle belle said...

He looks like he's having so much fun with Ellie! I can just imagine how much fun he's having with Jesus!

(((HUGS)))and prayers here!
Chelle