Wednesday, October 24, 2007

On the Mend

I think Ephraim has made a full recovery. He is eating normally and his soft spot no longer looks like a big sink hole in the top of his head. He also got his umbilical cord stump removed yesterday, FINALLY! It had formed scar tissue and our pediatrician sent us to a pediatric surgeon to have it removed. All he did was pull it off and put a little silver nitrate on it. So Ephraim got a REAL bath last night. He loved it! He is also 9 weeks old today. They weighed him at the surgeons office yesterday - 12 lbs and 11 oz.

This is Ellie's third week back at daycare. She's only going on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. She is enjoying it. She loves her teacher, Mrs. Carol, and has lots of friends there. They will have their class picinc this weekend (weather permitting) and their Fall Festival next week. They are also starting to learn Bible verses.

I start back to work in three weeks. I can't believe it. The time has gone by so quickly. I have missed my friends at work, but not working. I will get to go over and feed Ephraim on my lunch break. It is a such blessing to have a daycare at my workplace.
So, that's a quick update on the family. I'll add some new pictures as well...



Ephraim sleeping in Mommy's arms.





Ellie has been learning about fire safety at daycare.





Ellie had a horse painted on her face at the Jack O'Lantern Festival.
Little E with some big eyes after his first real bath.

1 comment:

Angela said...

I'm so glad he's doing well! Wow, he's a big boy! :) Isn't bath time fun?