Thursday, December 6, 2007

19 Days 'til Christmas



Christmas is upon us. I can't believe it is so close! I have really been in the Christmas spirit this year. Ellie is now old enough to enjoy all the fun stuff that the Christmas season brings. And having baby Ephraim around has been a great reminder of the true meaning of Christmas. I think about tiny little baby Jesus and how Ephraim seems like such a miracle to us, and how much more so Jesus was to Mary, Joseph, and the whole world!

We are staying busy. Work has been going fine. Ephraim is doing better at daycare. Ellie is loving singing Christmas songs. Scott has been busy redesigning our laundry room - he is trying to make it more efficient since it is tiny and I spend so much time in there. We will have Christmas with my family on the 15th and then with Scott's shortly thereafter. They will be going out to see Scott's brother in Ohio for Christmas.

I started a new tradition this year. I gave the kids their first Christmas present on Thanksgiving Day - Christmas pajamas...matching Christmas pajamas! That way they get to wear them for a while. Our only other tradition is reading the Christmas story on Christmas morning. Scott & I have done this since we have been married, I think?!? (It is amazing what you forget. When people look at Ephraim's picture they commonly ask if Scott's eyes are blue. My answer has been...I can't remember! Gotta try and make a mental note next time I see him awake. It's 2am right now & he's snoozing!)

Let me also highly recommend my absolute favorite holiday treat - the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks AND ONLY STARBUCKS - no one can compare. In my opinion, it is well worth whatever outrageous price they charge for it. Even if it's not on the menu they can usually still make it through most of the cold months. Just ask for it - you won't be disappointed!

Hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season so far!

1 comment:

chelle belle said...

Adorable photo!!! Love your traditions!