Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I've Been Tagged...

My friend Tammy tagged me on Dec. 18th, and sadly I am just realizing it. I've been behind on my blogging... my own, and the reading of my friends'. So since today is Christmas, or at least the next 22 minutes is, I thought I'd do this, so here goes...

Tammy tagged me to share 12 random things about myself that are Christmas related. Here are the rules:
1. List 12 random things about yourself that have to do with Christmas
2. Please refer to it as a 'hoopla' and not the dreaded 'm'-word
3. You have to specifically tag people when you're done. None of this "if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged" stuff is allowed...then nobody ends up actually doing it. The number of people who you tag is really up to you -- but the more, the merrier to get this 'hoopla' circulating through the blogosphere.
4. Please try and do it as quickly as possible. The Christmas season will be over before we know it and I'd like to get as many people involved as possible.

12 Random Christmas Things About Angie:
1. I love Christmas cards - sending them and getting them. I've been sending them since college.
2. I love snowflakes. There is something so amazing about them. You know, no two are alike.
3. My Christmas wish list almost always has to do with warmth. Past gifts have included a heater, earmuffs, gloves, scarves, a coat - all by my request. This year I wanted warm pajamas. All those night feedings... I've been freezing in my short sleeves!
4. My favorite Christmas song is O Holy Night. I love, love, love it. And it almost always makes me cry.
5. I love the matching outfits. My kids are doomed on this one. Okay, they can coordinate instead of match, but they MUST at least coordinate. This applies for Christmas pictures and for Christmas morning - matching PJ's. The last two years Ellie and I have matched. This year she and her brother matched. When I went up to get her this morning I had on my PJs from last Christmas and Ellie said "Mom, I want to wear my PJs like yours!" Needless to say, next year I will be back to matching my kids with our Christmas PJs.
6. Nothing says Christmas like cookies!
7. Turkey is not just for Thanksgiving. I prefer it for Christmas, too. Not a big fan of the ham. Ham is for Easter.
8. I will always be proud to hang an ornament made by one of my kids on my tree.
9. My favorite Christmas movie used to be It's a Wonderful Life. But, in my adulthood, I have a need for less serious entertainment. My fav is now Elf. It makes me laugh out loud.
10. You should spend Christmas day at home.
11. The first act of Christmas day is the reading of the Christmas story from the Bible.
12. Christmas is even more fun as a parent than it was as a child!

So since it is now officially Dec. 26th, I won't tag anyone else. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I'll post some pictures from Christmas this weekend.

3 comments:

Brad and Shana said...

Angie,

I'm so glad you've posted, I've been checking your blog almost every day for new pictures. I know it gets crazy around Christmas, so I completely understand; but I can't wait to see some Christmas pics.

Love ya
Shana

Maddie said...

Fun to read! Thanks for not being mad at me for tagging you!

chelle belle said...

Loved your list! I got WARM PJ's too (also by request ~ I can't stand getting up in the middle of the night and freezing!!!!)

Have a wonderful New Year!!!