Tuesday, January 29, 2008

A Fabulous Evening & a Trip to the ER



I thought I'd start off this post with a couple of pics of the little angels. In case you were wondering... Ellie is feeding kitty - she was cracking us up! And Ephraim has no idea if his crib rocks or not because he's only ever been in it for about 5 minutes. We love the co-sleeper. He still wakes up about every 3 hours to eat - it's how football players are made!

I had to share about our perfect evening. Saturday at lunch I told Scott I wanted a big juicy steak for dinner. (Remember I'm off all milk and soy products due to Ephraim's allergies). We decided there could be no milk or soy in steak. So we took both kids and went to The Chop House in Chattanooga. I had a steak & plain sweet potato. It was sooo good! Both of our children were perfect. And I'm pretty sure we've started a trend - the people next to us were looking for a baby name & loved "Ephraim". They were still talking about it when we left the restaurant. Remember folks, you heard it here first! Then we went shopping, again the kids were perfect. We topped the night off with Starbucks. I couldn't get anything, but I enjoyed the smell of Scott's coffee all the way home!

Now I can't post without mentioning tonight's little adventure...on the way to gymnastics Ellie starts screaming and crying about a booger she can't get out of her nose. Well, that booger turned out to be the little cap from Scott's insulin pen needle. My nephew just had an ER visit for a lego up his nose, so I called my sister. They finally got it out by stopping up the other nostril and blowing in his mouth. We went on to gymnastics so I could lay her out on the floor and give it a try. I got it down where I could see it, but couldn't get it out. I took her behind the desk so I wouldn't have an audience - I did anyway - about 10 onlookers had gathered by the time we were leaving... and they all had advise. And yes, I tried every one's advise. We still ended up at the ER.

Our wonderful pediatrician just happened to be working there tonight. Ellie got to see Dr. Jung, got a coloring book and crayons, a popsicle, and they blew bubbles for her the entire time they were trying to retrieve said item. I'm thinking... why wouldn't she want to do this again! The little girl beside us was there for a second time having something removed from her nose. And Ellie has already asked a few times what happened to "daddy's needle". What do you have to do to teach a kid a lesson?

3 comments:

Maddie said...

Life is never boring with kids around! Too funny!!

chelle belle said...

You crack me up!!!! At least that big 'ol steak came first!!! Mmmmm, I think I'm hungry!

Claire stuck a rock up her nose once... She was terrified and cried so hard it eventually slid right out... Bubbles sound a lot nicer!

Chelle

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Hi Angie, I'm having a major bout with insomnia...I think I just need alone time...LOL. Anyway, I was perusing all the blogs from Shana, Cyndi, Tammy, and I came back to yours. This brought back way too many memories of my kids. Yes, 3/4 have shoved something other than a finger up their nose to be retrieved. We also had one shove gold fish in his ears. That also was not fun. My favorite was the jelly bellies in the nose or maybe it was the raisins. Both were 2 or three of them-not just one and we had to keep digging them out with tweezers. I think the raisins were the nastiest. Anyway, I had a huge chuckle at 3:45 in the morning.
Also, worked TD with LouAnn. Hope she remembered to tell you, "HI!" We need to get together soon.