Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Y'all Ain't Gonna Believe This...



What's the difference between a northern fairy tale and a southern fairy tale? A northern fairy tale starts out with "Once upon a time..." and a southern fairy tale with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this..." Okay, so this is not totally relevant, but Scott told me the other day and I thought it was a funny joke.

Ephraim has two more things to add to his sick list for 2009, nasty bilateral ear infections (that means both ears, folks) requiring two Rocephin shots and a 10 day course of oral antibiotics, and Rotavirus. For those of you who have never experienced Rotavirus, let me just say... oh...my...goodness! It starts out with vomiting and moves on to diarrhea - tons of diarrhea! I am sure that Ephraim has pooped an amount of diarrhea equal to his weight, or what he used to weigh. I'm sure he's lost some weight. The boy has been really sick for about a week. Bless his heart, he's finally recovering.

The medical marvel (that's Ellie) has also been somewhat sick, believe it or not. She had a fever and has had a couple of days of diarrhea. Could be Rotavirus, I guess. I read that is has much more mild symptoms in adults and older children. She loves the fact that she is sick! I guess since she never is and Ephraim seems to always be. But let me tell you, she has not acted sick for even one minute - the girl has been wild as ever.

I have been doing loads and loads of puke and poop infested items. It is good that I do not have a weak stomach (I think few moms do). Anyway, that's what is new with us and sadly it is the same old story - sickness! Oh, how I long for Spring, warmer weather, less illnesses (cross my fingers)!

No comments: