Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are


Oh, you thought it was a children's book? No, it is our house! And their names are Ellie and Ephraim.

I know you all thought the McGhee Family blog had seen its last days. We're still here! I have been meaning to update for so long (hint, hint... here come the excuses and they're pretty good).

We've had major computer problems and major internet problems. We got a new computer and have now switched internet services. And, I just got so behind that the thought of updating seemed overwhelming. I think I'm ready to give it my best shot...

Ephraim is into everything. His trademark move right now is finding something small he can push up against something big so that he can climb up on it. I told Scott I think he is going to be a mountain climber and/or a doctor. (He likes to walk around with the play stethoscope around his neck). Anyway, he loves to play with his big Sissy, dancing, and vacuuming (toy vacuum, of course). He says new words all the time but still likes to grunt and point a lot. He eats like his Momma (picky). This year he's already had an ear infection, stomach virus, and right now has a really bad cold, bless his heart. He recently had his first hair cut and was 17 months old on January 22. He is still an angel!

Ellie is still very into the Power Rangers, but also likes to play with whatever her brother is playing with. Sometimes she decides that she doesn't want to be the big sissy anymore. She is actually a really good big sissy though, and her "Brud" just adores her. She is doing well in preschool and will celebrate her 100th day of school on Friday. I am going to have lunch with her that day. We are still looking at schools for her for next year, but haven't made any decisions. We thought her imaginary friend was long gone, but he has revisited some lately. His name is Mekin Ha-ha and he has a lot of birthday parties. It is the running joke around here that Mekin must be about 100 years old as many birthday parties as he has. She usually insists that he is only 5 years old. Oh, and he has a friend named Sha-sha that comes over sometimes. We don't "see" her as much.

I am ready for Spring. It gets dark too early and it just makes me want to sleep... we all know I can't do that all the time! And I absolutely hate being cold. I think snow might be the only redeeming quality of Winter. Not much new with me. I have just been especially busy being Mommy lately.

Scott has been having fun with the new computer. He is on Facebook now, too. Hum, I guess he may be as boring as me. What can I say but that I guess our kids are our life right now. I don't think we'd have it any other way!

Hopefully, more to come soon!

2 comments:

Maddie said...

Glad to hear what's going on with the McGhees! I've gotten really slack with my blog too. I keep thinking things will slow down soon. :)

DeLynn said...

I loved reading your entry! The kids are adorable, as always. Ephraim has changed so much since I last saw him. Hugs to you.