Friday, June 13, 2008

Bucket List

So apparently there is a movie with this title. It is supposed to be a list of things you want to do before you expire (that's what we say at the hospital - its PC). Anyway, my sister is going to drive a race car next week (she is turning 35 years old). I am still so appalled by this. I can't get my brain around it - I can think of nothing that would make me want to drive a race car. Sorry Ash. And be careful!

I brought it up at work today at the lunch table and mentioned that I didn't have one - a bucket list. Then everyone started talking about what was on their list. I told them nothing sounded like anything I needed to do, that I was okay to go now if it was my time. My newest co-worker, who is so sweet, says "Bless your heart, you're so tired, aren't you?" It cracked me up - she really hit the nail on the head with that one!

So then I told Scott about the lunch conversation. He said he didn't have a list either but then managed to create one in about 2 seconds. His all revolved around sports of the swim, bike, run genre - so surprising, huh.

So what about you all? What are some of your top bucket list items? Maybe one will interest me...

5 comments:

The Wild World of Richmond said...

I have to say that I didn't have one, but like Scott I can easily create one on the fly.

1). I would like to go hang gliding. I don't know why, but I would. I'm always intrigued by it.

2). I would like to take a vacation anywhere overseas with my husband without my children(this probably won't happen 'till they are much older, but I'd like to). Okay, not anywhere, but somewhere touristy-Italy, greece, Europe, somewhere not third world, but different from us culturally.

3). I would like to see all four of my children accept Christ before I die. Not being super spiritual, but I wanna make sure that I'm gonna see them again. I feel like they are my purpose right now. God has entrusted them to me so I wanna see it come to fruition. (I hope this one makes up for the vacation without them)

Actually, that's about it for me. I feel like I've already done a lot for my life. It's kind of a dream world for me anyway. I truly do love my husband and have a happy, healthy, secure relationship, four great kids, a nice home, etc. etc. I tell the youth that I often I feel like I am living out my dream adult life.

Great post!
Terri

Brad and Shana said...

I used to have one where the things were actually written down on a tangible piece of paper, now I guess they are just in my head, and I haven't made any progress on any of them.

Back in the day (pre kids) I took lessons for two different list entries, but they both fell by the wayside.

A few of them (I don't remember them all) were:

1. Learn sign language
2. Learn to play the piano & violin

Well, I guess I don't remember MOST of them.

I think now I just want to lose some darn weight.

It's funny that you mentioned your sister.....My brother has a birthday in August. Mom told me last night that he was going to go skydiving with some friends at work. While I'm not appalled, I am worried sick. Really? Skydiving? Maybe some things are better left unknown.

Bridenstine4 said...

I suppose my bucket list needs to begin with make a bucket list. I must be sharing your fatigue. May you get rest with multiplied effects.

Cyndi Lou said...

I am somewhere between Terri and Meleia... haven't created one, can create one on the fly, but I am so darn tired, that I haven't taken the time to put it on paper... But, here goes...

1. Write a best-selling book (BIG DREAM HERE)
2. Go hang-gliding, bungee jumping
3. Travel overseas with Joe & the kids- England, France, or Italy.
4. Go with Joe, Anna Grace, & Austin to New York, Washington, DC, and The Grand Canyon, and Hawaii (Joe and I have been to Hawaii, but Anna Grace and Austin haven't)
5. See Anna Grace & Austin graduate from High School and College
6. Attend both of their weddings- to strong, Christian, loving spouses.
7. Grow old with Joe and hold our grandchildren and invest in them and see that they accept Christ.
8. Retire and spend LOTS OF time with Joe, my children, and grandchildren.
9. Travel to Egypt to see the pyramids.
10. Read ALL of the books I have in our house. I have MANY and I LOVE to read!! (I can start on this one this week since our children are out of town.)

There is more that could be on my list, but I will stop there. That one was off the top of my head, so if I sit down and ponder, then I will come up with more, I am sure.

GREAT, GREAT post!!

Love you,

Cyndi

Cyndi Lou said...

Oh, and I can't believe that I forgot 2 that have been on my list for a LONG time....

11. Learn to play the piano.
12. Get braces.

See, I am still thinking....