Thursday, June 19, 2008

Gotcha Day!

Well, today was Gotcha Day. Although we really liked the idea of the Knox Zoo, we decided next year (when Ephraim is a little older) might be a better time to go. The day ended up surprising "girly". Those of you who know Ellie well will understand this. For example, the first thing she said this morning was that she wanted to go to school (what we call daycare) so she could hold her worm. (Yesterday when we picked her up she was digging for worms - she does this a lot).

Anyway, so it started off with me painting her nails and toenails - a mani and a pedi! I let her choose the color - Mango Spice was her choice. Then I painted my toes to match. She still likes for us to match sometimes. We had pictures at CLC in Dalton - they were fabulous - Curtis does such a good job and Ellie is very comfortable around him. We came home for lunch and let Ephraim catch a quick nap.

Then it was off to our primary destination... Club Libby Lu! Ellie loved it. She told them she wanted to be a princess. They did her make-up and hair (would have painted her nails had I not already done it). They used glitter hair spray and even put a tiera on her. It was really fun! The teenage girl that worked on her really took her job seriously - we were there for about an hour. It really made it special. She got to choose some lip glosses and other little things to bring home as part of the package. A big hit - and I came up with it myself! Thank you all for your wonderful ideas - we will probably use them in the future!

From Club Libby Lu we met Daddy for dinner in downtown Chattanooga. Ellie took her bag in and showed him all of her Libby Lu stuff. Then we went to her swimming lessons. This was another reason we didn't choose the Knox Zoo - she did not want to miss her swimming lessons. Overall, I think she had a really fun day. I know I did!


























































































6 comments:

chelle belle said...

Oh, WHAT FUN!!!! She certainly looks like she thoroughly enjoyed the day!!!

I just had to laugh at the pic of Ephraim yawning in the middle of all that girly stuff!!! Too funny!

Happy Gotcha Day, Ellie! We love knowing you!!!

Brad and Shana said...

Looks like you had a fabulous day.....and a fabulous idea. I would have never thought of that. What special memories she will have.

I thought Ephraim's picture was funny too.....

So glad y'all had a great day!

The Wild World of Richmond said...

Awesome idea!!! My girls love Libby Lu!!! Erin especially loves it. She's the girliest of girly girls.

I can't believe that Ellie and Jay are as big as they are. It seems like yesterday we were in the nursery together at SCC. I ALSO remember Scott telling you that you were not allowed to buy anymore dresses just a short time before you left to get her. That just cracks me up. I miss all you SCC people. I really do.

Hugs,
Terri

carrie said...

Oh this made me smile!!! so fun! scott looked totally excited to see all the goodies from libby lu:)

Maddie said...

Sounds like a perfect day! I am going to have to do that with Maddie and Ella one day.

Bridenstine4 said...

Those are awesome memories you guys are making!